Saturday, June 23, 2012




RESEARCH JOURNEY

*        

Research has proven to be a very interesting and important subject for me. I have gained many insights that I was not aware of. For instance there are many different techniques and uses that are involved in the research process. I was under the impression that research was a simple process and that all you had to do was collect information and analyze it and that was that. This course has taught me how to take a professional approach on early childhood research and take a deeper look at what the true meaning of research is. Many factors are indispensable in research and they cannot be overlooked, they must be followed to get to the outcome goal. For example researchers must decide what research design they will use and they have to think how will  they choose their participants. They must use ethical and correct procedures when working with children. Researchers should be educated on child development and use age appropriate methods. I understand the importance of using young children as participants in research and know that it is beneficial. In spite of all these positive outlooks I, have a difficult time accepting the issue that young children are developmentally ready to understand and consent to being researched. I hope that in the future researchers can come up with a solution on this issue and respect the rights of young children. This course has opened my eyes on looking at the whole picture not just what is in front of me, but what are the configurations of things. I have a new view when my little students ask why? This to me shows that they are thinking like little researchers looking for answers and trying to find outcomes and reasons for the world around them. I would also like to thank Dr. Davis for all her knowledge, patience and passion that she has shared with all of us. Again Walden receives an A for educators.

No comments:

Post a Comment